KIMI NO HA HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEGOSHIIIIIII!!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S TEGOSHI’S 21st BIRTHDAY WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! MY FRIENDS AND I MADE SOME UCHIWA FANS WITH HER HIS FACE ON IT 😄 YEAHHHH!! CELEBRATE!!
anyway, to anyone who doesn’t know him, here are some wiki stuff about him 😄
Tegoshi entered Johnny’s Jimusho during December 2002. He participated in various Johnny’s Junior activities until, ten months later, he debuted as a part of NEWS. At the time of his debut, he was almost completely unknown to the public. Even most of the band members did not know who he was; this fact became a favourite gag by famous hosts of Hey Hey Hey. During an interview, Tegoshi expressed that his most admired sempai is no other than the leader of NEWS, Yamashita Tomohisa. Referring to his dramas and performances, Tegoshi confidently stated that Tomohisa truly is the best looking in the group. Such announcement came as a shock for all the members. Even now, Tegoshi claims that Yamashita Tomohisa remains his greatest idol and rival. He once mentioned that in dressing rooms before shows, he would feel very happy when their eyes meet.
Tegoshi gained popularity with his singing, which is one of the best in the group. He also started acting, becoming the first member to star in a movie, and gained more roles in various Japanese dramas. He appeared with band members on Johnny’s related television shows like Shounen Club and Ya-Ya-yah. He also hosted his own radio show, “Tegoshi Yuya’s What a Wonderful Music.” He is the self-proclaimed worst dancer but is considered the best singer in the group.
During NEWS’s hiatus in 2006, he and bandmate Takahisa Masuda formed the duo Tegomass. They released the single “Miso Soup” in Sweden, recorded entirely in English, that reached #12 on the Swedish charts. In December of 2006, they released the Japanese version of “Miso Soup” in Japan, which reached #1 on the Oricon charts. In spring of 2007, he worked in Tegomass as they represented the Japanese High School Volleyball Tournament with “Marui Chikara (マルイチカラ?)” as well as contributing a song to the anime Lovely Complex with a new single, Kiss ~Kaerimichi no Love Song~ (キッス~帰り道のラブソング~?) which debuted at #2.
- Shabake (2007)
- Hyoten 2006 (2006)
- My Boss My Hero (2006)
- Gachibaka! (2006)
- Gekidan Engimono (2005)
- 15 Sai no Blues (2005)
- Sekai no Hate Made Itte Q (2007-ongoing)
- Tegoraji (2007)
- During live performances he likes to twirl his index finger at the camera.
- His bandmates often describe him as being “harmlessly self-centered.”
- In an appearance on Domoto Kyoudai, he said that Tomohisa Yamashita was his most admired senpai because he saw Yamapi’s dramas and thought that he was the best looking.
- He often hangs out with bandmates Takahisa Masuda and Keiichiro Koyama.
- It is well known that bandmate Ryo Nishikido likes him a lot, often doting on him and coining the nickname Tego-nyan, to which he replies “Ryo-tan” (whereas he usually calls him more formally “Nishikido-kun”).
- His mother and grandmother are his greatest fans and stick his posters all around the house.
- He called Masuda “Massu” from the first time he met him.
- He is a fan of L’Arc~en~Ciel.
- He is very close friends to Takahisa Masuda, and spends even the days off with him, going to the gym and train together and go to a sentō afterwards.
- He has played soccer for over 10 years.
- His eye sight is not very good, so he often wears contact lenses.
- He owns a Papillon dog named Tinny.
- He said Tinny (his dog) is his girlfriend on the “johnny’s web”
- In an appearance on the music show, Utaban, during late 2007, Tegoshi has stated that his face has changed so much over the past years that people have asked him if he had plastic surgery done (which he did not have).
- He is the seiyuu for Mumble, main character of Happy Feet, in the Japanese-dubbing version of this Academy Award-winning animated film.
- He also has his license and can drive.
- During 2006-2007, he barely passed his driving test.
and some photos from uhh google images and a bunch of blogs 😄